Aico EI128RBU Mains Powered Relay with Rechargeable Backup
The EI128RBU is a mains powered relay module with a rechargeable lithium battery backup. It is ideal for use with the 2100, 160RC and 140 series alarms and can also be used with the 260 series Carbon Monoxide Alarms with the additional use of the EI128COV cover.
Features and Benefits
- The EI128RBU runs on 230V mains power and has a tamper-proof battery back up powered by a rechargeable Litium bnattery in the event of power failure.
- The module has a set of Volt Free contact (normally open and normally closed) as standard
- The module can be configured to give a 230V output using an external 24V supply
- Any combination of up to 12 units, including a relay, can be interconnected
- This module will fit underneath any smoke or heat alarm
- If a unit on an interconnected system is to be sited remotely an EI128COV cover is available as an optional extra
- There are additional trunking knock outs to make wiring easy
- The module can be set to give either a continuous or pulse output.
- The pulse output switches back the relay contacts after five seconds of operation
- When the unit receives a signal from the alarms sytsem the relay contacts cause a signal to be sent to the connected device
- The EI128RBU can be switched into a comprehensive range of devices such as Warden Call systems and Panel systems
- If the unit is modified for a 230V or 24V output it can operate a range of different devices
- For different applications the module can be switched to give either a pulse output or a continuous output.
- This relay will operate whilst the alarm is sounding to send signals to devices such as panels, warden and nurse call systems etc
- When any of the interconnected alarms sound the signal will cause the relay contacts to switch.
- 230V mains power is used to run the unit
- Tamper proof Lithium battery acts as back up should the mains power fail
- Rechargeable lithium battery has a ten year life and should outlast the life of the module
- The battery will power the unit for up to two months in the event of power failure
- When the unit receives a signal from an interconnected smoke, heat or CO alarm it will begin operation
- Any combination 2100, 160RC, 140 or 260 units (up to 12 units when EI128R counts as one unit) can be interconnected
- This module is designed to fit beneath one of the above alarms.
- If a unit is required to be sited remotely on the 260 series then an EI128COV cover should also be used
- More than one relay unit can be used in any system providing the total number of units does not exceed 12 (each EI128RBU counts as 1 unit)
- The EI128RBU is fitted with a 4 way connector block to ensure ease of wiring
- This relay can be set for either continuous or pulse output by use of a manual switch.
- When in pulse operation the contracts will reset to their original state after 5 seconds
- The unit is suitable for surface or recess mounting using the 3 x 25mm trunking knockouts plus a centre knockout for recess wiring
135mm diameter x 20mm depth